Core Compute – One Infrastructure to Run Any Workload
Software-defined infrastructure (SDI) refers to a virtualised and logically pooled mix of computing, networking, and storage capabilities. SDI allows hardware resources to be managed as software, paving the way for rule-based IT process automation and infrastructure provisioning. As a result, SDI assists businesses in lowering data centre costs, complexity, and risk.
Software-defined infrastructure is not dependent on one specific piece of hardware and may operate with little to no intervention from a human operator. This architecture allows for the complete integration and automation of many critical IT tasks and several advantages, including:
- Complete data centre virtualisation enables computing, networking, and storage resources to be flexibly tailored on a per-application basis using commoditised technology, resulting in simpler and standardised IT consumption models.
- Application-aware infrastructure handles application demands automatically, including security and disaster-preparation procedures. This facilitates features such as automated configuration, backups, and data recovery.
- Management simplicity is achieved through provisioning and monitoring via management dashboards, similar to app stores.
- Depending on the circumstances, SDI may deploy workloads in either private or public clouds, protecting data integrity while boosting speed and efficiency and reducing costs.
The Business Value of HPE Synergy
HPE Synergy is a software-defined infrastructure that is composable and designed for hybrid cloud environments. Customers can create fluid pools of physical and virtual compute, storage, and fabric resources in any configuration fit for any workload by using a standard application programming interface. Through HPE Greenlake, this functionality is made available to users as a service.
The first platform built from the ground up to enable composable infrastructure, HPE Synergy delivers an experience that allows businesses to generate and deliver new value in real time. It provides a unified infrastructure that reduces the complexity of operations for long-running workloads, while speeding up operations for new sorts of apps and services.
HPE Synergy can build compute, storage, and fabric pools, both physical and virtual, into any configuration suitable for any application via a single interface. Because it is an extendable platform, it is simple to support a broad range of applications and operational approaches, such as virtualisation, hybrid cloud computing, and DevOps.
With the support of HPE Synergy, IT departments can become internal service providers and business partners, enabling the rapid launch of new applications. The HPE Synergy experience enables IT departments in the following ways:
- A single infrastructure that includes fluid pools of physical and virtual processing, storage, and fabric, businesses can optimise any application, cut CAPEX costs, and free up resources.
- Accelerate the delivery of applications and services by using a single interface that composes logical infrastructure at high speeds.
- Reduce the time and money spent on operations by combining internal software-defined intelligence with template-driven, frictionless workflows.
- Increase efficiency and control across the entire data centre by integrating and automating infrastructure operations and application activities via a single application programming interface (API).
- Composable infrastructure is an innovative architectural strategy that enables innovation and revenue generation for a new breed of apps while running traditional workloads more efficiently.
HPE Synergy assists businesses in developing their hybrid cloud architecture by consolidating hardware infrastructure, software, and service offerings into a single platform. HPE Synergy allows for allocating and de-provisioning computing, storage, and network resources per developer during the design, development, and integration phases of a project. This leads to improved application development. Synergy enables effective data management by integrating real-time business communication services under a uniform user interface and experience across a wide range of devices.
Software-defined infrastructure has been developed and established as a mature and proven technology due to its robust agility, scalability, and competitive advantage. It now plays a critical role in supporting digital transformation. Software-defined infrastructure is a practical option for technologically aspirant businesses seeking a new architectural strategy to support cloud-native and hybrid requirements.
HPE Synergy is an ideal solution for software-defined infrastructure. Synergy is composable and designed for hybrid cloud environments to offer fluid pools of physical and virtual compute, storage, and fabric resources in any configuration fit for any workload. As your IT partner and advisor, we can work with you to determine if HPE Synergy is the right solution for your business and IT transformation journey.